Slow Cooker Season – Chicken & Butternut Squash Stew
December 15, 2022
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil or as needed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds butternut squash chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 28 oz diced tomato or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- Chop cilantro and combine in a large bowl with the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Brown chicken thighs and then add to slow cooker.
- Sauté onion and garlic and add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and put on low for 2-4 hours until the squash is tender, and the chicken pulls apart.
- Give it a good stir and serve!
Standholders Offering These Ingredients:
Poultry & Meats:
- Breakaway Farms # 65
- Country Meadows Farms #45
- Shenk’s Poultry #18
- The Turkey Lady #37
- Barr’s Farm Produce #44
- Brogue Hydroponics #33
- Fox & Wolfe Farm # 39
- Green Circle Organics #64
- Groff’s Vegetables #9
- Stoltzfus Farms #21
Spices & Stocks:
- Crowded Kitchen #5
- The Herb Shop #7
Find More Recipes:
Crock Pot Fresh Green Beans, Potatoes and Ham
Juicy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp