- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz black beans (1 can rinsed and drained)
- 14 oz diced tomatoes (don’t drain) or 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small chili pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- Add the vegetable broth, uncooked quinoa, black beans, and tomatoes to the slow cooker.
Stir to combine.
- Next, add the peppers, carrot, corn, onion, and garlic, and stir, then add the rest of the
seasonings and stir a few times to combine.
- Cover the crockpot and set to high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Monitor
toward the end of the cooking time to be sure the chili doesn’t stick to the pot. If you like
a chili with more liquid, do the 2-1/2 on high and 5 on low. If you prefer thicker, use the
longer cook times.
- Taste when finished. Add any more salt or heat if needed. Feel free to add more veggie
broth too if you want more liquid.
- After the chili is finished cooking, serve and top with your favorite toppings such as vegan
sour cream, avocado, scallion and vegan cheese or shredded carrots.
Serves 6 people.
Standholders Offering These Ingredients:
- Barr’s Farm Produce #44
- Brogue Hydroponics #33
- Fox & Wolfe Farm # 39
- Green Circle Organics #64
- Groff’s Vegetables #9
- Stoltzfus Farms #21
Spices & Stocks:
- Crowded Kitchen #5
- The Herb Shop #7