Celebrate the Season All Summer Long!
Conner Smith can be found at the Fox & Wolf Stand #39 at Market. He fills his stand to the brim each week with USDA-certified organic produce, eggs, and farm flowers from a generational farm in Pine Grove started by his great-grandparents in 1900.
Our Mystery Market Chef created a summer salad inspired by two Fox & Wolf farm offerings. The dish combines incredible flavor, lovely textures, and delightful eye appeal. It is also super simple to make for a summer salad that will enhance any meal. Enjoy the full recipe for Pea Shoot Salad with Asian Dressing
Amounts to taste:
• Cilantro, finely chopped
• Fresh Mint leaves, finely chopped
• Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
• Fresh Garlic, grated
• 3 Tbsp Sesame oil
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1-1/2 tsp Brown sugar
• 2 tsp Rice vinegar
• Pea Shoots, at least 2 cups/serving
• Cucumber, thinly sliced
• Radishes, very thinly sliced
• Sliced almonds, toasted and divided
• Edible flowers
• One small bowl for dressing
• One large bowl for salad
• Very sharp small knife or a mandolin for slicing
• Baking sheet
• Gather your ingredients
• Gather your equipment
• preheat oven to 325F
• While oven is preheating, combine the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk to combine then set aside.
• Spread the sliced almonds on your baking sheet in a single layer and toast in the oven until slightly browned (be watchful because they go from browned to burned very quickly about 7-10 minutes depending upon your oven}
• Slice the cucumbers and the radishes and add them to the salad bowl.
• Add the Pea shoots to the bowl.
• Add half of the toasted almonds to the bowl.
• Combine the dressing with the salad and toss the coat all of the ingredients.
• When ready to serve, sprinkle some of the remaining toasted almonds and some edible flowers on each serving.